The Greater Hillsdale Humane Society, in Osseo, MI is hiring a part-time kennel assistant. If you are an organized person who is outgoing, compassionate and loves animals this may be the perfect position for you. Applicants must be focused on attention to detail as thorough cleaning and care is needed to keep our animals healthy.
The ideal candidate is friendly, has a sincere interest in the welfare of animals and truly enjoys getting to know our adoptable animals. Animal welfare work is not for everyone, but it can be very rewarding. We want someone who can show the animals love as they wait for their forever homes.
Candidates for this position must be at least 18 years old, have reliable transportation, able to lift 50 pounds, and be punctual and reliable. In addition, you must follow directions with or without supervision and communicate effectively with the rest of the staff. Hours are somewhat flexible, but must be able to work days and weekends. The following is a general description of the nature and level of work to be performed...
• Must be comfortable handling dogs and cats
• Administer medications
• Clean and sanitize kennels and cages
• Walk dogs
• Help provide the animals with socialization and enrichment
• Feed and water all animals
• Clean up animal waste inside and out
• Alert director of any issues such as illness, lameness, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
• Proper animal restraint
• Able to perform routine baths
• Must be able to work days, weekends and holidays
• Must do laundry and dishwashing
• Clean and maintain the facility
Our facility has been completely remodeled in the last year. No phone calls please. Pay starts at the lower parameter and increases based on time with the organization and performance. Thank you for your time and consideration. We are excited to be adding to our team and look forward to speaking with you further.
If interested- please send a resume to email@example.com